Sunday, September 16, 2012

oops...

Okay so I'm bad at blogging.  :(  This is a quick update to get me back into the swing of things!

So Andrew and I drove across the country and I spent a month going back and forth between Pennsylvania, where my parents live, and Massachusetts, where Andrew was.


 (right before heading out of town) 



 
(with my friend Mary, who we stopped to have dinner with in Chicago)


 


(me with Peter, who belongs to my parents)




I applied for a few jobs and got hired right away at a company in Rhode Island, doing speech therapy for an Early Intervention program. I'm working with all children under the age of 3, and loving every minute of it!

Unfortunately, my office was also about an hour away from Andrew's apartment, so in the middle of August, we found a beautiful apartment in a suburb of Providence, and started to move in! We are mostly unpacked at this point, so keep your eyes open for photos of our place! This is the first time when I've really been in a position to make my living space really look the way I want it to, so I've been going all out to make it perfect.

We also happened to move a block away from my friend Taylor, who I've known for a few years, so it was really nice to have people to socialize with right away.



(Taylor and I)


 

(our friend Mark came into town!)



I really miss my SLC friends, but I'm starting to meet some really nice people here too. I am enjoying working with younger kids, and it's nice to be in the same place as Andrew after being across the country from him for 9 months.





I'll post more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment