Friday, September 28, 2012

State Park

Last week I was sick, so I didn't work on Friday and then we spent Saturday laying around the house and watching movies. By Sunday I was going a little stir crazy, so we decided to get out of the house. Andrew's mom mentioned that there are a lot of seals out near the coast this time of year, so we headed over to Demarest Lloyd State Park in Massachusetts.



The whole park is so beautiful - we collected shells and watched birds and bugs (sadly we didn't see any seals) and on the way out, we watched some guys catching crabs! It was so nice to be out for a few hours.





On the way home, we stopped at Eskimo King where they boast "over 300 flavors" of soft serve. Hardly. I don't think you can count mixing two flavors together as a new flavor. Still, I enjoyed my white rasberry truffle and Andrew liked his eggnog cheesecake.




All in all a pretty great day and a nice break from sitting around! This weekend we're trying to finish up our apartment - unpacking everything that's left and getting everything into place! I'll be posting once everything is ready, but here's a little preview:

2 comments:

  1. This makes me want to come visit! It looks so beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come visit!! It's wonderful here and you're always welcome!

      Delete